Jr Technical Business System Analyst
We’re looking for an energetic, self-starter to join our team as a “Jr. Technical Business System Analyst” - someone who can jump right in and make a big impact with our customers. You’ll be responsible for helping our most valued customers get the most out of Dundas products. Your desire to ensure your customers are “wowed” and you’re “do whatever it takes” attitude, sets you apart from others.
Together with colleagues, you’ll engage with our customers, answer their product questions and help resolve reported issues. This role requires business system analyst skills combined with some programming/IT knowledge.
You’ll interact and communicate regularly with the R&D and sales teams to ensure a top-notch experience for our customers. And you’ll also get the chance to participate in writing support articles and samples that further empower our customers.
Dundas Data Visualization has a tradition of promoting from within. We recognize our staff's contribution and always provide opportunities for advancement to self-motivated and creative individuals. Potential career paths, after success in this role, include Trainer/Consultant in Professional Services, Solutions Architect in Pre-Sales, or Software Developer/QA tester on our R&D team.
What You Will Bring To Dundas...
Your Technical Skills
- Must have a degree (or college certificate) in computer science or any other related field or must have 2+ years practical experience
- 1+ years experience with databases (SQL/MySQL, Oracle…) including writing simple queries and scripts, perform simple database administration tasks, and understand fundamental database principles
- Familiar with reporting tools such as Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, Cognos etc.
- Familiar with the business intelligence industry
- Some IT/Networking knowledge will be a plus
Your Soft Skills
- Strong communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Willing to learn new skills on a regular basis, both on and off the job
- Able to work well within a team, yet be able to work autonomously
- Able to work in a company with an open and casual work environment
- Keen attention to detail
This is a full-time position. Work is done on site (at our Toronto, Ontario, Canada offices), therefore any potential candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
Questions about this position
If you have any questions about this position or our company please feel free to ask; we will be more than glad to ensure you have the information you need. Just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please send an e-mail with your resume to: email@example.com and note the job title in the subject. If a development test is required for the position, you must also include your finished test in the e-mail.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.