BI Implementation Consultant
About the Job
This role requires an individual to have strong communication skills combined with some technical (Programming/IT) knowledge.
The successful candidate will start from Technical Support team and help Dundas users get the most out of Dundas products. Together with colleagues, the candidate will answer clients' questions and help resolve reported issues through scheduled phone calls, emails and via GoToMeeting. The candidate will act as a communication bridge between users and the R&D team. After a successful Support tenure, potential career paths include Solutions Architect/Consultant, Trainer/Consultant in Professional Services team in our Pre-Sales and Post-Sales Services teams, based on performance, area of interests and opportunities.
This is a full-time position. Work would be done on site (at our Toronto, Ontario, Canada offices); therefore any potential candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
Your Technical Skills
- Must have a degree (or college certificate) in computer science or any other related field or must have 2+ years practical experience
- 3+ year experience with databases (SQL/MySQL, Oracle…) including writing simple queries and scripts, perform simple database administration tasks, and understand fundamental database principles
- Must have working experience with any reporting tools such as Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, Excel, etc.
- Familiar with the business intelligence industry will be a plus
- Some IT/Networking knowledge will be a plus
Your Soft Skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and comprehension skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Willing to learn new skills on a regular basis, both on and off the job
- Able to understand customer issues/requirements
- Able to work well within a team, yet be able to work autonomously
- Able to work in a company with an open and casual work environment
- Very accurate attention to detail
Questions about this position
If you have any questions about this position or our company please feel free to ask; we will be more than glad to ensure you have the information you need. Just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please send an e-mail with your resume to: email@example.com and note the job title in the subject. If a development test is required for the position, you must also include your finished test in the e-mail.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.