Marketing Coordinator - Community Engagement
About Dundas Data Visualization
Dundas Data Visualization is a global leader in the development of advanced data visualization, dashboard and business intelligence (BI) solutions. Our outstanding success is reflected in our numerous industry awards and in the rapid adoption of Dundas technologies by Fortune 500 companies around the world. Discover the opportunity to join a dynamic company that fosters the development of its people.
About the Position
Dundas Data Visualization is currently searching for a self-motivated, social media and marketing-minded personality to join us as a Community Engagement Builder as part of our marketing team. Do you like variety and working on a wide range of unique projects? Do you excel at balancing priorities and do you like meeting challenges head on? The person we seek must be an outgoing, energetic, self-starter, with big, bold ideas and personality to match.
We want an ‘outside-the-box’ type thinker for an ‘outside-the-box’ type role. You are interested in community building, social strategy and marketing as a whole, and know how to start conversations and build relationships with people. You have a passion for technology! You understand the power of social media, the impact community has on business growth, and how to effectively use online platforms as promotional tools. You know you how to break through the noise.
The selected candidate will help grow our customer advocacy and community program, coordinate and plan social media and online communications (posting, monitoring, responding) and take on other daily marketing communication activities as needed.
Our team spirit looks a lot like entrepreneurial spirit. We thrive on change and often find ourselves swinging for the fences. If you are looking for a role where you can cut your teeth on different projects, constantly improve your skills and challenge yourself, then Dundas is the place for you. This is a full-time position. Work will be conducted on-site at our Toronto, Ontario offices. Any potential candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
- You have a University Degree or College Diploma in Marketing and/or Communications
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a Marketing and/or Communications role where you had responsibilities for social media
- You’re super passionate about social media platforms and know how to use them to drive action
- You excel at building relationships and can easily articulate the value of community
- You understand that communities are living, breathing organisms that require constant nurturing
- You pride yourself on your project planning and execution skills.
- You’re not afraid to try and fail
- You are a whirlwind of big ideas who’s not afraid to try new approaches
Your soft skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills are a must.
- Attention to detail is a core strength
- Able to both take direction, and handle tasks independently.
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You’re outgoing, engaging and are comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Can clearly articulate and back up your decisions and ideas.
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com and reference “Marketing – Community Engagement Builder” in the subject line. Include your resume along with a cover letter.
Candidates must include the following short, written piece in order to be considered:
In 300 words or less, tell us how would you go about building a stellar online community of advocates?
We will quickly get back to you with next steps, should you be shortlisted.
Questions about this position
If you have any questions about this position or our company please feel free to ask; we will be more than glad to ensure you have the information you need. Just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please send an e-mail with your resume to: email@example.com and note the job title in the subject. If a development test is required for the position, you must also include your finished test in the e-mail.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.